We've Come a Long Way
In 1913, there were only seven dentists located in Orange County. These seven dentists were then members of the Los Angeles Dental Society. In 1919, a small group of Orange County dentists got together and established the Orange County Dental Society. It became apparent that the local society would be a success and, in December of 1921, they officially applied for a charter with the Southern California Dental Association. On April 14, 1948, the Orange County Dental Society was officially incorporated as a 501(c)6, non-profit organization.
From our humble beginnings in 1919, we have grown from a mere seven visionary members to over 2,300 dedicated Orange County dentist members at the beginning of 2019, making us the largest of the 32 California components.